Disclosure: This is a professional review blog. Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. All of the products are tested thoroughly and high grades are received only by the best ones. I am an independent blogger and the reviews are done based on my own opinions.
In this time and age, getting the required rest and amount of sleep is a struggle for everyone. A good night sleep lately is as rare as the most precious jewel out there. But the good news is Aromatherapy: there’s certainly an oil (and I mean an essential oil) to help.
One of the most popular essential oil out there that’s praised for its benefits – our go-to recommendation – is Lavender essential oil. Researches have proved it to reduce anxiety, depression, relieve pain, but also improve sleep quality, act as a sedative.
Hold on a second!! Before you go and raid every Aromatherapy shop down the block or all that’s online, you’ve got to know a few things about the oil you’re about to get.
So … how to choose the right Lavender essential oil or any oil for the matter?
Things to consider in purchasing Lavender essential oil:
– types of plants: your aim should be to go for anything organic because whatever product used to grow the plants (pesticides, herbicides, etc.) do have an effect on our body. So, like with everything else, root for organic and organic only as much as possible.
– price: of course the price for the content matters.
Considering the above, we’ve drafted a list of best Lavender essential oils you could choose from.
Best Lavender essential oil brands for sleep:
1. Thrive Market Organic Lavender Essential Oil
If you didn’t know, Thrive Market has the purest certified organic lavender oil. Yes, what you get is 50mL of pure lavender oil goodness. Buy it here
2. NOW Essential Oils – Lavender Oil
Organic and 100% pure undiluted oil, from steam distilled Lavender flowers. Check it out here
3. Artizen Lavender Essential Oil
This 1oz bottle of Dutch Lavender goodness is just a great catch.. It has a strong scent and is good for Aromatherapy, relaxation, sleep, etc. Check the current price here.
4. Healing Solutions Lavender Essential Oil
Another great entry on this list; the oil is available in different sizes to cater to different needs and budgets. It’s 100% pure undiluted Lavender oil you could blend or use on its own. Check it on Amazon
5. Mary Tylor Naturals Lavender Essential Oil
This USDA Certified organic Lavender oil in a large 4oz botlle, will surely help you relax and fall asleep fast. Give it a try! Check the current price here.
6. Majestic Pure Lavender Oil
This oil is different from others because it blends 2 lavender essential oils ( Lavandula augustifolia from Bulgaria and Lavandula hybrida from France) into a 4oz of pure goodness and exiting floral aroma. Should you think of getting this on, click here to check the price.
7. Radha Beauty Lavender Essential Oil
The multipurpose pure French Lavender oil can help promote better sleep, could be used in Aromatherapy or the DIY of your choice. Check it here to try
8. doTERRA Lavender Essential Oil
With few drops only on pillows, beddings or diluted in your fave diffuser or taken internally, this oil works wonders. We love it because the oil is produced by steam distillation of Lavender’s flowers. Good thing is, it can be ingested (diluted of course). Check it out here
Now that you have a great list to choose from, what do you make of it?
How to use Lavender essential oil for sleep
– dilute: because essential oils are high concentrates, they can be harsh on the skin. If the oil you got is a pure extract, make sure to dilute it with a carrier oil (like coconut, jojoba, olive oil) before applying it to any part of your body.
– apply on body parts: some brands do recommend specific ways to use or apply their oils for more effect, but diluted Lavender essential oil can be applied to your feet (soles), arms, wrists, palms to help you relax and induce sleep.
– diffuse: diffusers help release scents into your home. So add a few drops (2-3) of Lavender essential oil to your diffuser, and let the diffuser run. You’ll fall asleep in no time.
– apply on beddings: another great way to use Lavender essential oil to fall asleep is to add a few drops into a spray bottle with water and to spray your bedsheets, and pillows with it a few minutes before bed. The scent will linger the whole night, and you’ll fall asleep quickly.
Lavender essential oil has a lot of benefits, including helping you sleep. There are a lot of brands selling Lavender essential oil out there, but quality should be what to go after. Check for how the plant is grown, and how the oil is extracted. And of course, do check with your doctor if you have any disease, or exercise caution – like with anything else – before using Lavender essential oil.
Did we miss any? Have you tried any of these oils? What’s your favorite or efficient way of using Lavender essential oil for a sound sleep?
Tell us in the comments section 🙂
Vanessa Bella Ndaa is a beginner freelance writer who enjoys surfing her way through life.