Disclosure: This is a professional review blog. Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. All of the products are tested thoroughly and high grades are received only by the best ones. I am an independent blogger and the reviews are done based on my own opinions.
Many people enjoy taking a bath in order to relax, but the water can be a bit bland and uninteresting. In this article, you’ll learn about lavender oil and how it can help improve your bathing experience! Lavender is well known for its calming properties, so adding some drops of this essential oil to your bath will not only make it smell better but also calm you down. Before we start with the tips, make sure you got your lavender oil ready to go and in case you don’t have one yet, click here for our top pic on Amazon.
Now that you got your oil ready, your bathtub full and you’re ready to soak in, here are some tips to improve your experience.
1. Mix one part baking soda with two parts Epsom salt and add five or six drops of lavender oil for an invigorating soak.
This combination will help soothe your muscles and keep them from tensing up while also helping you relax. Just use regular Epsom salt and baking soda, not bath salts or baking powder.
Start with five drops of lavender oil and add more if you want to increase its calming effects.
2. Add a few drops of lavender oil to your bath water for relaxation
Add a few drops of lavender oil to your bath water for relaxation, starting with five drops and adding more if you want to increase the relaxing effects.
MUST READ: Lavender Lotions Used at Nail Salons
3. Use lavender-scented candles or an essential oil diffuser in the bathroom while you’re taking a bath
Use lavender-scented candles or an essential oil diffuser in the bathroom while you’re taking a bath for maximum relaxation. A simple diffuser can be made by putting a few drops of your favorite essential oil in some water and letting it evaporate. This process is even easier when performed in a steamy bathroom. Click here to check the price on Amazon.
4. Put dried lavender flowers at the bottom of your tub before adding hot water and soap for a relaxing soak.
This will release their scent into the air and you’ll enjoy a pleasant bath without even adding any other oils. You can buy dried lavender flowers from most stores. This is the most inexpensive way to use lavender in your bath, but you do need to make sure that they’re completely dry before they’re added to the water.
Once the dried flowers are purchased, put them in the empty tub, run hot water over them for a few minutes, steep them with lavender oil before you add soap and get in. Click here for our favorite lavender flower petals on Amazon.
5. Place a few drops of lavender essential oil on your bath pillow to help you relax better in the tub
If you own a bath pillow, you can put a little lavender essential oil on your bath pillowcase to help you relax better in the tub. You can also place it directly onto the bathwater if you do not use a bath pillow.
You can also fold up a towel to use as a bath pillow, which can easily hold a few drops of lavender. Click here for our top bath pillow recommendation on Amazon.
6. Create DIY spa products by mixing equal parts coconut oil, almond or jojoba oils with 10-20 drops of lavender essential oils
This is a great DIY product to use in the bath or on your skin.
To make it, take one cup of coconut oil, almond oil or jojoba oil and mix with 20 drops of lavender essential oils.
Use a metal spoon to stir them well, then pour it into an airtight container and place it in the fridge to harden. When you’re ready, scoop out a spoonful of this mixture and rub it on your skin or add it to the bath.
7. Add 3 tablespoons of lavender oil (or more) to shampoo and conditioner for hair that smells great and is soft
Add lavender oil to shampoo and conditioner in order for your hair to smell great, be soft, and look shiny. Use as much or as little as you would like, we recommend 4-6 drops per 500ml of product.
8. Add 10-12 drops of lavender essential oils to your body lotion, then apply it all over your skin
This one works best with natural body lotions.
9. The best time for taking a lavender bath is before bed because it will help you relax more quickly before going to sleep
This powerful essential oil can help you relax and enjoy a good night’s sleep. Studies have shown that lavender oil may be therapeutic and helpful for treating anxiety, depression, insomnia, migraines and irritable bowel syndrome.
10. Lavender oils are available in different strengths depending on your needs – choose an organic option with no additives
For best results, choose a 100% pure, cold-pressed oil that’s free of synthetics and additives. Click here to get the oil on Amazon.
11. Use it as an air freshener by adding a few drops to some hot water and letting the steam fill up the room while you bathe
This natural sauna treatment works best when boiling water is poured onto lavender oil in a heat-resistant container. The larger the opening of the container is, the faster steam will escape, and carry more lavender scent into the air. If baths or showers are also creating steam, then even more scent will be trapped in the air for you to enjoy.
There are so many ways to enjoy lavender that it’s easy for anyone to find a way they’ll like. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking a bath or using it on your skin, lavender always smells and feels great. These have been my top 11 Tips and Tricks for Using Lavender Oil in Baths. I hope you’ve enjoyed it and will consider trying lavender the next time you take a soak!